The Business Analyst role sits within the Planning and Strategic Operations team and will work to support the quality and usage of award management (grants and contracts) related data at the IRC. They will support this work by improving the business processes, information management, technology, and training related to awards management systems and date.
Business processes and analysis
- Facilitate the development of new business process to standardize awards management practices. Work to redefine or establish processes to improve data quality and usage.
- Produce analyses based on strategic requests or to support key business processes, including the reporting of progress against IRC’s strategic plan (“Strategy 100”) targets.
- Serve as a troubleshooter and problem solver for ambiguous Award Management System related data issues.
IRC’s Award Management System (OTIS) and other key technology / system improvements
- Work with key stakeholders inside AMU and other relevant departments such as Information Technology, RAI and CRRD (IRC’s US, Europe, and international programs departments etc.) to identify and implement changes to OTIS, IRC’s custom awards management system, and other relevant systems. This includes resolving issues raised by OTIS users by supporting design and rollout of changes to OTIS functionality.
- Support the rollout of PowerBi dashboards or other interim solutions to improve data reporting.
Information management and training
- Facilitate the development of a new information management protocol, to develop central repositories for processes and tools that support awards management.
- Keep up to date of parallel tools being used for awards management at IRC.
Rollout of improvements / training
- Work with AMU’s training team to support rollout of changes to IRC’s awards management systems.
- Work with AMU’s training team to develop training and learning materials related to Award Management Systems.
- Work with leaders inside AMU and across the organization to improve the uptake and knowledge of award management tools and systems, including OTIS
Position Reports to: Deputy Director, Awards Management Systems
Work / Educational Experience
- At least 3 years work experience in a data analysis or awards management related role
Demonstrated Skills And Competencies
- High quality Excel skills; experience with data cleaning an advantage
- Ability to problem solve and focus on solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Highly collaborative and proven ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
Preferred Experience And Skills
- Working knowledge and/or experience in awards management – such as grants management, proposal development, or government donor compliance
- Familiarity with data management systems an advantage
- Intermediate SQL ability
- Experience in a humanitarian or development organization, or demonstrated interest for development / humanitarian issues
- Knowledge of French, Arabic, or Spanish a plus