The Communications Officer will report directly to the Programme Manager and support activities related to branding and visibility, development of messages, managing the website and dissemination of project information in consultation with the Programme Manager. They will also work closely with the wider Amref Global Communications Unit for appropriate guidance and support on the role execution.
Education and Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or other related field
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in designing and executing marketing and communications strategies and campaigns.
• Strong experience in the use of social media to advance a communications strategy/agenda.
• Up to date on industry trends in communications and knowledge management and able to stay ahead of the latest developments in the industry.
• Experience working in the health development space an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Language skills: Excellent spoken and written English; Proficiency in French is an added advantage.
• Great interpersonal skills and a team player.
DURATION OF CONTRACT 2 years (Renewable)
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non–smoking environment policy