World Vision International is looking for our next Global Talent Acquisition Manager. As a Talent Acquisition team, we are united to deliver an outstanding customer experience, linking high performing talent with fulfilling opportunities to serve the world’s most vulnerable children.
As Global Talent Acquisition Manager, you will make significant impact on Our Promise to the world’s most vulnerable children by attracting World Vision’s greatest driver for success – our staff. You will lead a small team of Talent Acquisition professionals in finding great internal and external talent for mid to senior leadership roles.
Using your Talent Acquisition leadership skills, you will source and recruit for talent globally, with a specific focus in Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe Region (MEER), as well as VisionFund International (VFI), the micro-finance arm of the World Vision Partnership. You will recruit globally for departments that support Global Field Operations within World Vision International (WVI), including Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Livelihoods, Global Health and Technical Services Organisation (TSO). You will also use your Leadership or Executive Recruiting experience to recruit global senior leaders (i.e. Regional Leader/ VP level) within WVI and VFI.
You will use your in-depth skills in organisational branding, sourcing strategies, candidate screening and selection to ensure a positive recruitment and candidate onboarding experience. Additionally, you will coach and inspire your team for exceptional delivery of results, customer service and their professional growth.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES ,% of time, Activity
Strategic Leadership and Planning:
- Lead the implementation of the Africa, MEER, and VF talent acquisition strategy within the TA team in support of Our Promise.
- Ensure alignment of team objectives and deliverables with the People & Culture (P&C) and TA team objectives.
- Lead the International Recruiter and support team; participating in strategic and tactical planning sessions for organisational effectiveness and that of individual business units to meet organisational, team and individual work goals.
- Lead, plan, and co-implement initiatives towards the realisation of the organisational vision, mission, strategy, and annual TA and Recruitment operating plan, including the employee engagement (Our Voice) outcomes within the team.
- Lead the implementation of the department projects and team goals.
- In collaboration with Africa, MEER, VF, and Partnership Leaders, develop and deliver strategies and tools to help meet their key talent business objectives: National Director and other key leadership Talent pipelines.
Talent Management & Leadership:
- Lead, mentor, and coach the Africa, MEER, and VF Talent Acquisition team, providing support for individual and team growth and development.
- Develop and maintain multiple channels and networks in WVI partnership to build a deep, diverse understanding of the local contexts in which WVI works in order to ensure compliance with local recruitment practices and legal requirements.
- Be intentional in identifying and developing required technical on-the-job skills in the Talent Acquisition team.
- Establish Individual Development Plans that are evident for enhancing staff career growth, engagement, and retention.
- Support the TA Team, through leading team change initiatives aimed at fulfilment of ongoing cohesion and effectiveness of the Global Talent Recruitment and Global P&C functions.
- Provide guidance to P&C Colleagues supporting Talent Acquisition processes around Partnership Recruitment policies and processes.
- Ensure ALL new applicable hires done by the team have gone through Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS) protocol.
International, Global, and Regional Recruitment/Management and Leadership Roles:
- Serve as Leadership or Executive Recruiter for senior Africa, MEER, VF, and supporting Global Centre department roles and conduct thorough Position Briefs (assignment intake meetings) with hiring managers for recruitment of all managed positions.
- Perform pre-screening calls as well as develop written Pre-screening Questionnaires for the purpose of evaluating applicants’ abilities and overall organisational culture and job alignment.
- Conduct recruitment responsibilities in a professional, service-oriented, responsive, innovative, ethical and cost-effective manner in accordance with WVI goals and Christian principles.
- Utilise recruitment tools appropriately and efficiently to ensure consistent, timely, and accurate data entry and management.
- Interview candidates, combining various methods (e.g., structured interviews, technical assessments, observation, and behavioural assessments) to ensure the best candidate is appointed into a role.
- Negotiate offer of employment with selected candidates within limits specified by the Partnership Recruitment Policy and the Hiring Office, guiding Line Managers and Leadership as appropriate, right up to the point of issuing an Offer Letter through Workday, and submission of the Offer Letter Request Form for written Contract of Employment for successful candidates.
- Promote the organisation’s reputation as a great place to work for Christian humanitarian professionals and senior for profit experts with transferable skills. Also serve as WVI and VF’s Brand Ambassador through the Recruitment process, acting as a first gatekeeper and advocate.
- Coordinate with the P&C Ops Support team and local hiring office to ensure appropriate orientation and on boarding programmes are in place for all new recruits.
Stakeholder Management, Customer Service and Workforce Planning:
- Coordinate with Partnership. Regional and National office leaders to assess, plan and forecast for hiring needs.
- Help in supporting leaders in creating Diversity Sourcing and Recruitment Strategy as appropriate for specialised work contexts, especially fragile contexts.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with global P&C Directors and support the consistent implementation of international recruitment policies, with particular emphasis on IA Compensation, Benefits, and Total Rewards approaches.
- Attend client meetings (both in-person and virtually, as requested) and brief senior staff on sourcing and recruiting efforts.
- Keep TA leadership updated on possible staffing needs and upcoming projects.
- Lead the development and implementation of a Diversity Sourcing and Recruitment Strategy for all regions and supporting GC departments.
- Maintain strong talent pipelines based on client needs, with particular focus on ND and other hard to fill roles.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- 7+ years’ experience in recruitment of leadership, managerial and professional technical positions in different countries and cultures, preferably in both the INGO and for-profit sector.
- Previous Executive Recruitment experience, preferably in Africa and the Middle East/Eastern Europe.
- Proven experience as a talent acquisition leader with a professional work team, utilising common systems approaches to work required.
- Proven knowledge of common P&C (HR) policies and the use of problem-solving skills in a cross-cultural environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience in full-cycle recruiting, sourcing, and employment branding, much of it within a global or multinational context.
- Demonstrated ability of extensive use of creative Internet recruiting, sourcing tools and networking skills to connect with talent in different professions.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and ever-changing multinational organisation.
- The ability to operate effectively within a geographically dispersed organisation and lead a virtual team.
- Extensive customer service experience serving or supporting an international or global workforce required.
- A deep understanding and passion for recruitment, aware of the latest trends and global talent market.
- Solutions-oriented with strong problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- A self-starter who is driven to find the best candidates for positions and who can work in an environment with minimal supervision.
- A strong team player and collaborator who is able to effectively network amongst all work levels, both within and outside the organisation.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation communication skills (both written and oral).
- A proven track record of providing exceptional cross-cultural customer service.
- Experience in planning and forecasting workforce staffing needs, including pipelining.
- Expertise in advanced internet searching, candidate research, and cold-calling.
- Confident in advising and partnering with business partners, hiring managers, and other stakeholders.
- An experienced Chrisitan leader who works to improve their spiritual maturity and that of others.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and MS Teams.
- Proficient in Workday.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required as a minimum.
- A Master’s degree in human resources or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Extensive experience utilising Topgrading selection methodology (preferred) and/or behavioural interviewing (e.g., DDI, Targeted Selection).
- Certification in Internet Recruiting, Social Talent or equivalent certification
- Proficient in Excel and report designing.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including experience tracking recruitment metrics and developing strategies to improve outcomes.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Strong relationships with INGO leaders in Africa and MEER.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Certification/training in Internet Recruiting and Sourcing.
- Current /previous WV experience highly preferred.