Purpose of consultancy
The consultant will provide technical input in an area of work related to Readiness Assessment and Prioritization within the Department of Country Readiness Strengthening (CRS). The consultant will contribute to the implementation of the risk assessments of FCV (fragile, conflict, and violence) countries through the readiness intelligence tool. This tool will summarize the hazard mapping, country capacities, guidance, donors, and partner landscape as well as providing analytics and visuals.
The consultant will provide technical input in assessing, analyzing, and mapping readiness capacities. The consultant will compile and analyze all the relevant data and create the integration of the features on the Platform.
Deliverable 1: Develop and implement a readiness intelligence tool.
- Activity 1.1: Map, collect, and analyse all relevant data to develop readiness intelligence tool.
- Activity 1.2: Contribute to the Partner’s Platform readiness intelligence tool and perform quality checks on all data coming into these pages that is related to the readiness intelligence tool.
- Activity 1.3: Contribute to the development of the structure of WHO readiness intelligence tool and develop the relevant guidance documents in coordination with relevant internal and external WHO stakeholders.
Deliverable 2: Quantitative data gathering and visualization for the Partner’s Platform country readiness intelligence tool.
- Activity 2.1: Collect, collate, and analyse data gathered for the country readiness intelligence from all partners.
- Activity 2.2: Create visualizations of data gathered for the country readiness assessments and prioritizations, in combination with information available on the Partners Platform.
- Activity 2.3: Aggregate readiness information from technical teams, field offices and partners including contact lists, event specific information, health indicator data, health situation data, health response data, etc.to be used for implementation research.
Deliverable 3: Develop a monitoring and evaluation framework for the Readiness Intelligence tool deployment and utilization.
- Activity 3.1: Establish a tracking system for reporting of donor and partner activities on the Platform.
- Activity 3.2: Develop readiness assessment indicators and processes for the readiness intelligence tool.
- Activity 3.3: Coordinate and track donor and partner contribution activities within the Partners Platform.
- Activity 3.4: Update the database of donor contribution activities on the Partners Platform.
- Activity 3.5: Draft regular updates to donors and other stakeholders to keep them updated on Partners Platform activities.
- Activity 3.6: Monitor implementation of capacity building plans for the Readiness Intelligence tool.
Deliverable 4: Serve as readiness intelligence liaison for focal points in WHO Country Offices, Regional Offices and HQ.
- Activity 4.1: Ensure interagency coordination to promote use of evidence from readiness tool for public health action.
- Activity 4.2: Engage government agencies and share data from the readiness intelligence tool.
- Activity 4.3: Identify actions to improve country readiness and support governments as well as partners to prioritize and implement strategic actions to improve readiness.
- Activity 4.4: Disseminate WHO policy direction on readiness intelligence with member states and support domestication of relevant policies.
- Activity 4.5: Prepare and disseminate high level outputs from the readiness intelligence tool including but not limited to data analysis summaries, reports, and policy briefs, to relevant stakeholders including WHO country offices, regional offices and HQ.
Deliverable 5: Develop metrics for vaccine preventable diseases readiness for the readiness intelligence tool.
- Activity 5.1: Collaborate with WHO relevant focal points to identify, develop and integrate readiness assessment indicators and checklists for vaccine preventable diseases that are relevant to health emergencies readiness into the WHO readiness intelligence tool.
- Activity 5.2: Develop and implement capacity building plan for readiness assessment for vaccine preventable diseases.
- Activity 5.3: Support readiness assessment for vaccine preventable diseases using the readiness intelligence tool in coordination with WHO Country and regional offices as well as WHO HQ.
- Activity 5.4: Conduct readiness assessment for the prevention and response to outbreaks from vaccine preventable diseases of public health importance including COVID-19, measles, cholera, and viral hemorrhagic fevers.
- Activity 5.5: Provide technical expertise towards the utilization of the readiness intelligence tool for vaccine preventable diseases surveillance.
Deliverable 6: Develop readiness capacity for points of entry.
- Activity 6.1: Review the newly established WHO readiness dashboard and analyse data from the information and tools on health risk and capacity assessment, action planning and resource mobilization applicable and relevant for the technical area of border health and points of entry.
- Activity 6.2: Triangulate data to ensure that the WHO readiness dashboard is aligned and coherent with other WHO health risk capacity assessment tools around border health and points of entry.
- Activity 6.3: Develop a training package targeting national authorities and partners on the use of the WHO readiness dashboard and its application for border health and points of entry strengthening.
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
- A first university degree in health, social sciences, or related field.
- An advanced level university degree (Masters or PhD) in public health, social sciences, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience conducting research preferably in the context of health emergencies activities or equivalent, including experience in planning and project management.
- Experience working for WHO in country, regional or country level.
- Experience with the health emergencies related web-based platform such as Partners Platform.
- Strong organizational and persuasive skills, ability to use participatory approaches in their contact with external parties and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated of knowledge and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment, coordinate multi-sectoral stakeholders and accomplish tasks with multiple objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations. Respect for differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Keen analytical skills and ability to monitor and evaluate methodologies and information.
- Ability to formulate research questions and conduct research independently.
- Ability to formulate technical reports and other communications with appropriate level of technical content in precise and concise manner.
Closing Date : Oct 28, 2022