As KOKO grows within and outside Kenya, our team is looking for experienced Python and Odoo engineers to lead development of our cloud based software products, and be responsible for major technical decisions associated with them accountable for their successful execution. In this position on the software engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to many customer and internal facing products. KOKO’s suite of products spans multiple technical domains and disciplines in software and hardware, and so experience in end-to-end systems thinking across distributed components is key for this role.
What you will do
KOKO’s technology stack currently includes (but is not limited to) AWS, Python, Flask, Vue.js, Postgres, Kotlin, Java, Firebase, C++, Celery, Message Queues, Odoo ERP, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git
- Design, implement and deploy back-end Python and Odoo applications
- Develop and maintain CRM, Manufacturing, Finance and Inventory management modules
- Lead the delivery of software projects in a team-based environment
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, product managers, project managers and other engineers to to define, design, scope and ship new features using elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Help others to improve the quality of their work through regular design and code reviews
- Deliver new features to production environments and support them in operation
- Participate in building the engineering culture at KOKO
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- At least three years experience of development in Python OR Odoo
- Excellent at Python programming and PostgreSQL
- Ability to develop robust and scalable backend services defined by RESTful APIs in Python
- Familiarity with Cloud/ SaaS architectures and how to build secure and maintainable services
- Strong understanding of unit testing, design patterns and usage of tools like profilers
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (We use GIT and Jenkins)
- Worked in an Agile multi-functional team
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
- Great oral and written communication skills