Reporting to Enterprise Application manager, the incumbent will ensure proper data quality, governance and management across the business and IT department. The role is responsible for helping the organization understand its data, recognize trends and patterns, and make better decisions. The role holder will work closely with other members of the data team, as well as with business stakeholders, to ensure the organization data is being used to its fullest potential.
Responsible for analyzing and maintaining the data systems of an organization, the duties include interpreting data, analyzing statistical results, creating databases, identifying patterns from data sets, and undertake data filtering while advising and consulting on data strategy, governance, quality, and master data management across the organization.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Area 1: Data Administration
- Participate in policy review, work flow processes under the guidance of Enterprise Application manager and Head of ICT.
- Work with business units to understand their data needs and develop appropriate solutions.
- Design, implement, and maintain data warehouses, models, and cubes.
- Extract, transform, and load data from multiple sources into the data warehouses.
- Monitor data quality and take corrective action when necessary.
- Deliver trusted data accurately and securely.
Area 2: Data Analysis
- Analyzing data to identify patterns, trends, and insights that help managers make better business decisions.
- Developing and maintaining models to predict future performance based on historical data.
- Creating reports that present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Governing complex data ecosystems and supporting mission-critical analytics.
- Implementing self-service analytics and simplifying complex IT operations.
- Delivering insights in real time and supporting the growth of company wide Data Cultures.
- Using statistical software to analyze large data sets and identify trends.
- Build value and reduce costs with actionable insights from an AI-driven, enterprise-ready analytics platform.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for data analytics and reporting.
- Write SQL queries to support data analysis and reporting.
- Develop reports and dashboards using business Intelligence tools.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to answer specific business questions.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify issues and recommend solutions.
- Stay up-to-date on new features and capabilities of Business Intelligence tools.
- Train users on how to use Business Intelligence tools.
- Provide Tier 3 support for Business Intelligence applications.
- Increase organizational agility with scalable data analytics.
Area 3: Data Governance
- Collaborate with company management , IT teams and business stakeholders to develop a data strategy that meets corporate needs and industry requirements.
- Evaluate current data management technologies and additional tools are needed.
- Determine upgrades and improvements to current data architectures.
- Design, document, build, and implement database architectures and applications.
- Develop and enforce database development standards.
- Identifying problems that are occurring in operations and proposing solutions to management.
- Recommending data changes to improve efficiency or quality of services.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience in medium to large data architecture in ERP implementations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, including Windows Server 2016 – 2019, Windows operating systems, Linux, Unix in medium to large networks.
- Practical experience in database management, use of MS packages and ERP systems.
- Proven experience in applications development and related project management.
- Experience of on premise/Cloud storage concepts, hosted applications and hosted servers.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong understanding of business processes and computer networks.
- Conversant with latest ICT technology standards and data compliance requirement/privacy regulations.
- Ability to provide business analytics support through standard query scripting/programming/report generation.
- Conversant with latest ICT technology and trends.
- Good customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail and well organized.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of integrity & Confidentiality.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- A Bachelor of Science in Data Science, Information System Technology or Computer Science or closely related field.
- Professional qualification in ICT such as Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP), Programming certification (Java, Python, PHP, Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic) and Excel, SharePoint, SQL and HTML or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience in managing a large enterprise planning system in a large organization.
- Must have experience in the implementation, design & support of ERP systems databases.
- An understanding of statistical programming languages to analyze data and create visualizations.
- Must have experience in report writing using QLIK sense, Power BI, Tableau, Crystal Reports and other software to create graphs, charts and other visuals to help others understand the data.
- In-depth understanding of SQL database and security environment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Data science, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related field will be an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of SYSPRO and SAP ERP system will be an added advantage.
- Experience with big data platforms, such as Hadoop, Spark, or NoSQL databases.
- Deep understanding of data visualization tools, such as Power BI, Tableau or QlikView.
- Advanced programming skills in SAS, R, PHP, Python, or Java.