As the Payments Back-End Support Specialist you are responsible for providing technical assistance in relation to both technical and nontechnical customer support issues logged via Service Now, phone, email, and chat within a technology and operations environment.
You will respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and, where possible implement solutions or engage back-end technical teams to implementUltimately ensure that customers are satisfied with the resolution and that it meets their quality expectationsThe role specializes in troubleshooting and finding ways to minimize impact and service downtime.
You will work in close contact with Payments Support Analysts to support on both functional and technical expertise related to payments issues that touch the core banking applications, in the areas of operations, credit, clearing, payments, trade finance, treasury, custodial, integrations, databases, reporting, information security, partner transactions – wallets, channels, billers, etc.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Ensure timely resolution or escalation of incidents, communicate promptly on progress, and ensure customers are handled with a professional attitude.
- Own problem management of critical customer incidents, including communications, all related problem management activities, and any appropriate escalations.
- Build effective relationships with key internal business, operations, IT, product, design, and external partner teams.
- Retrieval of system and application logs and interpretation.
- Creating and running SQL queries to provide requested data or solution.
- Be familiar with the enterprise system architecture such as databases, managed servers, mobile applications.
- Stakeholder Management: strategy, tactical execution, communications, etcWork collaboratively with, Product owners and other key stakeholders in the organization.
- Relaying application functionality feedback from colleagues and clients engaged to IT developers.
- Providing customers with step-by-step guidance to resolve technical problems.
- Work closely with Technical Product Managers across all products and channels capabilities to prioritize initiatives, share insights on customer demands, identify opportunities for teamwork.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to the technical and developer community.
- For all escalated tickets, determine whether knowledge management artifacts, self-service or help desk tools, or published web site information could have solved this incident and provide key details for such improvements to appropriate Service Desk Analysts.
- Assess and address all delivery risks.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets
- Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for, and arranging reviews.
- Participate in Change Control meetings to assess changes from an availability perspective.
- Identify training and development requirements, formulating own plan to be agreed with team leaderResponsible for ensuring own plan is completed within agreed timescales.
- Undertake all necessary training in order to perform the role to the required standards, including gaining accreditation where appropriate
- Understand and apply existing best practice frameworks to assist in the implementation of identified subject matter processes and standards.
- Provide specialist advice and support in area of accountability to ensure that identified solutions and recommendations are appropriate and effective.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or equivalent experience is required.
- ITIL V3+ certification required/a must.
- 10+ years of experience in the Banking/Financial Industry.
- Strong understanding of banking products and operations.
- 8+ years of experience in a technology service/support center environment or equivalent work experience.
- Must have hands on practical and min 5+ years’ experience utilizing Service NOW in a tech support function.
- Min 5+ years acting in a lead/supervisor/management capacity.
- Must have extensive experience in service KPIs and metrics.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience in application system administration skills and certifications in various environments (e.glinux, Window PowerShell) and applications (e.gOracle, WebLogic, WebSphere, Java , ANSI SQL, .Net, JS etc.)
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office Excel with demonstrated focus on basic data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of software problems, proven ability to function in a self –directed environment.
- Outstanding client relationship management skills.