Branch launched in Kenya in early 2015 and has seen rapid adoption and growth. We are expanding our product portfolio as well as our user base in all our markets, and are more than ever dependent on reliable infrastructure to achieve our goals. We are looking for talented DevOps engineers to join us and be part of this journey.
As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data. As an engineering team, we value bottom-up innovation and decentralized decision-making: We believe the best ideas can come from anyone in the company, and we are working hard to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to propose solutions to the challenges we face. As part of our DevOps team, you will design, architect, build, and automate the infrastructure that hosts a variety of applications ranging from financial products to our Machine Learning workloads for all our markets. You will be responsible for innovating and employing best practices when it comes to deployment, database management, security, and performance. As a subject matter expert, you will be expected to evangelize DevOps as a culture within the engineering organization.
- Improve infra automation using modern tools.
- Optimize spend and improve elasticity on our infrastructure.
- Be responsible for continuously evaluating and implementing evolving best practices.
- Keep our systems and services secure by ensuring adherence to security best practices.
- Ensure availability with redundancies of all the critical components.
- Provide expert opinions for architecture and infrastructure decisions
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps preferred
- Extensive exposure to at least one major cloud platform like AWS, GCP or Azure with commonly used services.
- Hands-on experience with deployment and orchestration technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Understand networking concepts and protocols, and the ability to build VPCs and traffic flows.
- Ability to take care of monitoring, alerting, logs, user access, certificate and keys management, etc.
- Know your way through various flavors of Unix and commonly used command line utilities.
- Proficiency with at least one mainstream scripting language like Bash or Python as well as commonly used server software like PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.
- Being able to wear a DBA hat and tune PostgreSQL performance at query and storage engine level is a plus.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep up with the latest in DevOps.
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise. You’ve started and/or contributed to projects you’re passionate about.
- You are a great collaborator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.